As much as you’d like to have an “all out” wedding, there’s always life after the wedding to save for: homes, insurance, children, etc. So, you have to make some tough choices. Here are some tips to stay under budget:
- Minimize your guest list. Fact is, many of your guests will be attending completely out of obligation. They don’t truly want to be there, so don’t make them!
- Shrink the bridal party. Ring bearers, groomsmen, and bridesmaids add up. You have to clothe them and feed them after the rehearsal. Reduce these groups to what’s absolutely necessary.
- Host your reception at a hotel. Hotels will give you significant discounts on the reception if your family agrees to stay in the hotel. The family get reduced rates too.
- Stay on schedule. Photographers, drivers, and entertainment will charge for every hour you go over planned.
- Some churches have reception facilities. If you can combine the wedding ceremony and the reception on the same property, you minimize many costs: driving, down time for photographers and videographers, etc.
- Have your wedding on a Friday. All of your expenses are considerably less on Fridays. Saturdays are busiest and therefore the most expensive.
- Schedule the wedding between November and April. Rates for all the services you’ll hire are far less in the off season.